While you may think that you get the same results in your cleaning as a maid service in Philadelphia, there is a good chance that you are making costly mistakes. Some may cause a minor inconvenience, while others can lead to expensive repairs. Other oversights may result in you spending hours cleaning without getting the desired results. To put an end to these bad habits and help create a cleaner house, our experts have offered advice on how to avoid common cleaning mistakes.
- Sponges: Do not think a rinsed sponge is a clean sponge. It is their job to soak up everything, including bacteria. While they may look clean after you rinse them, the bacteria is just waiting to be spread across something else. Every one or two weeks, you should wash the sponge in the dishwasher or place the dampened sponge in the microwave for two minutes to properly clean it.
- Dishwasher: It is important that you alternate how the silverware is placed in the dishwasher. You should not have them all facing the same direction as it will prevent the water from washing the entire surface. Instead, you should have them alternating from front to back or top to bottom to get the best results.
- Sprays: You should avoid spraying chemicals directly on a surface. It will likely leave residue behind that will allow for the quick buildup of dirt. Directly spraying the same area on a consistent basis can result in a permanent mark being left behind or cause the material to deteriorate. Instead, we recommend applying the solution to a cloth and then wiping the area you are cleaning.
- Gloves: Many think that since they are just doing a quick cleaning that they do not need gloves. However, our skin is very porous and can instantly absorb any chemical that it touches, leading to dried out skin. To protect your hands, purchase a pair of gloves that are lined with cotton to provide protection and comfort.
- Stains: While it may seem like you were able to scrub a stain out of your carpet, it can still return. Instead of spending hours scrubbing, you can blot the spill, pour club soda on it, and then blot it again. Doing so will lift the deeper layers of stain from the afflicted area.
- Windows: While you may want to wash windows during the daylight to get a better view of the dirt, the sunlight will quickly dry out the cleaner and leave streaks. To avoid streaking, we recommend cleaning the glass in the late afternoon or night.
By following the advice from our expert cleaners, you can put these mistakes behind you and begin working towards a cleaner and healthier house. If you would rather leave the hard work to the professionals, sign up to have your home in Montgomery County, PA cleaned by our maid service.