It’s quite amazing what we pick up along the way! Executive Maids has been in business for more than two decades! We clean residential homes Montgomery County and Philadelphia. We share what we learn with our clients and are certain you will appreciate these ten great household cleaning tips!
We could all use some time saving tips when it comes to household cleaning. We could all use some time off once in awhile as well. Following the below tips to get household chores done quickly and effectively, will help save time in the long run. Considering hiring a cleaning service can not only save you tons of precious time, it can save you a lot of aggravation.
- Use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels. These cloths are not only reusable and better for the environment than paper, they are also inexpensive. They sanitize and clean floors, counters, glass and tile.
- Sponges can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Disinfect every night by squeezing it out and microwaving it on high for one minute. When it starts to shred and smell, replace it.
- To get your glass shower doors to shine, rub a teaspoon of lemon oil on the glass twice a month. It causes water to bead up and roll off. You can also use a car-care product made to keep rainwater off windshields.
- Hair Everywhere! Keep drains free of hair and clogs by using a product like Drano to make sure potential clogs are gone, then pour boiling water down drains once a week to keep problem-free.
- If your bed is made, your bedroom looks neater. When you wake up, pull the covers up and as you finish getting ready for work, finish the job by putting your comforter and pillow back in place.
- Dampening one of your rubber gloves can be used to remove pet hair from your furniture. The damp rubber material acts as a magnet to pet hair.
- To sharpen and clean your garbage disposal, throw some ice cubes and lemon down the disposal. Ice sharpens the blades and lemon freshens and cleans it up.
- Perhaps one of the best household cleaning solutions is white wine vinegar. Vinegar can be used for everything from general bathroom cleaning to cleaning your floors. Pour a cup of vinegar in the toilet and let it sit overnight. The next morning sprinkle with baking soda, scrub then flush. Add ½-cup vinegar to a gallon of water to clean wood and laminated floors.
- Remove hard water stains – the natural way! Hard to believe that a lemon can be so powerful. Cut a lemon in half and give your faucets and good rub down. Let it sit on there for a few minutes or longer, then rinse with warm water.
- Dryer sheets are good for more than just a fabric softener for your clothes. They are great dust cloths, reduce static clings and are actually good as a bug repellent.
We hope some of these tricks of the trade will help make your household chores a little bit easier. For help with the big chores, let Executive Maids help! We are your best bet in cleaning services in Montgomery County and Philly!
Request your no obligation quote from us today!
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”false” ajax=”true”]