Defining Your Cleaning Style
What motivates you to keep your home or office clean? If your answer involved the phrase “the complaints from others” then you really need to take a closer look at your personal cleaning style. Seriously. Everyone has one and chances are that yours is in need of a tweak or two. Just for fun, let’s take a look at the various cleaning styles that we have managed to identify and see where you sit on the list. You may be a bit surprised.
1 – That Crazy Surface Scrubber Type
If you, or someone you know – and let’s be honest here – grabs a towel or damp rag and feverishly rubs down each and every visible surface with a quick wipe, you may be a Surface Scrubber. The average Surface Scrubber will not give those surfaces the attention they need opting for the optical illusion of cleanliness on just the surfaces you can see from where you are currently seated. Raise your hand if this sounds remotely familiar to you.
2 – That Wacky Deep Cleaner
If the potential of dirt, grime, dust or a fingerprint exists on a surface – usually at the back of something – that you couldn’t see unless furniture and appliances were moved away from the wall, you are the Deep Cleaner. For some of us who know Deep Cleaners, this is a borderline obsessive compulsion and for others it is just par for the course. If you lose sleep at night wondering if that spot underneath a heavy item needs to be cleaned, this is you.
3 – The Leave-It-Until-Later Type
There’s nothing wrong with being a procrastinator – if it’s you we are talking about. But if you live with one and cleaning is one of their chores, be prepared to live in some rather nasty conditions for awhile. Of course, if you don’t mind clutter, piles of dirty dishes and/or clothes blocking entranceways and the smell of decomposition, then we won’t go any further. We’ll get back to you on whether putting off cleaning for any length of time puts you here.
4 – The Priority Cleaner
Hey, we get it. There are times when maybe not all rooms need to be cleaned on the same day. But picking and choosing which ones do based on need and overall ‘yuk factor’ is only going to get half the job done. That’s because if you pick the top two, three or four rooms to clean, the rest of them get extra time to build up their individual ‘yuk factor.’ Sooner or later, your priority list will shift. Sound anything like you at all? If so, this is your cleaning style.
Professional Cleaning Services Treat All Rooms The Same
Basically the cleaning style of our professional cleaning service is “Do ‘Em All And Do ‘Em Now.” That way a clean house or office is the end result and that can be scheduled to take place on a regular basis. Sound like a good idea? Contact Executive Maids today for details on how to do that. Call 215-690-4000 for your quote or Request a Free Quote online.
Why you should hire Executive Maids
There are many reasons why you should hire a house cleaning company in Blue Bell, PA. There are many hidden elements in your home that you don’t think to clean yourself. With the help of a maid service, you can eliminate dirt and grime and with some knowledge, you can help to element bacteria and dirt that linger in your home. Knowing what things in your house are not sanitary will get you cleaning them yourself and keep your home clean and keep you healthy. If you prefer to have a professional do it, Executive Maids can help.
Your kitchen sponge may look clean but it is probably the dirtiest thing in your home. It comes in contact with many surfaces and because a sponge is porous, it can contain mold, salmonella and E. coli. These things can cause allergic reactions and serious illness.
Rinsing raw meat and other foods in your sink can leave bacteria in it. You may not be aware but these bacteria can linger in your sink. Cleaning it with that dirty sponge isn’t going to do much either. Disinfecting your sink (sides and bottoms) twice a week and when rinsing raw meat, will help keep your sink clean.
When you brush your teeth, you are putting hundreds of different kinds of bacteria onto your toothbrush. When you put your toothbrush into its holder you are creating a breeding ground for bacteria. It is another one of the dirtiest places in your home. Make sure to clean your toothbrush holder often by putting it in the dishwasher or soaking it in hot soapy water.
You don’t realize this but pet dishes are one of the germiest places. Make sure you clean them out daily with hot soapy water or in the dishwasher. Your pup deserves better.
The part of your coffee maker that holds the water contains a ton of germs. Bacteria grow in its dark, damp environment. Clean it with a few cups of vinegar by running it through a cycle.
You don’t think about it but you use your stove knobs often, many times after you’ve handled raw food. Taking the knobs off your stove and cleaning them once a week is a good way to keep bacteria away.
Studies have shown that bathroom faucet handles have more germs on them than the toilet handle or bathroom doorknob. Keeping them clean with disinfectant daily will beat bacteria.
Your counters are the areas where you prepare food and are more likely to contain dangerous bacteria like salmonella and E. coli than anywhere else in your home. Wipe them daily with a kitchen cleaner will keep them clean.
Knowing these hidden places in your home that can harm your health is the first step to a cleaner house. Letting Executive Maids help with them will ensure a cleaner, fresher living space for you and your family. Put your mind and health at ease by hiring the best maid service in Blue Bell, PA and surrounding areas.
Contact Executive Maids today!
[gravityform id=”4″ title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
It’s quite amazing what we pick up along the way! Executive Maids has been in business for more than two decades! We clean residential homes Montgomery County and Philadelphia. We share what we learn with our clients and are certain you will appreciate these ten great household cleaning tips!
We could all use some time saving tips when it comes to household cleaning. We could all use some time off once in awhile as well. Following the below tips to get household chores done quickly and effectively, will help save time in the long run. Considering hiring a cleaning service can not only save you tons of precious time, it can save you a lot of aggravation.
- Use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels. These cloths are not only reusable and better for the environment than paper, they are also inexpensive. They sanitize and clean floors, counters, glass and tile.
- Sponges can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Disinfect every night by squeezing it out and microwaving it on high for one minute. When it starts to shred and smell, replace it.
- To get your glass shower doors to shine, rub a teaspoon of lemon oil on the glass twice a month. It causes water to bead up and roll off. You can also use a car-care product made to keep rainwater off windshields.
- Hair Everywhere! Keep drains free of hair and clogs by using a product like Drano to make sure potential clogs are gone, then pour boiling water down drains once a week to keep problem-free.
- If your bed is made, your bedroom looks neater. When you wake up, pull the covers up and as you finish getting ready for work, finish the job by putting your comforter and pillow back in place.
- Dampening one of your rubber gloves can be used to remove pet hair from your furniture. The damp rubber material acts as a magnet to pet hair.
- To sharpen and clean your garbage disposal, throw some ice cubes and lemon down the disposal. Ice sharpens the blades and lemon freshens and cleans it up.
- Perhaps one of the best household cleaning solutions is white wine vinegar. Vinegar can be used for everything from general bathroom cleaning to cleaning your floors. Pour a cup of vinegar in the toilet and let it sit overnight. The next morning sprinkle with baking soda, scrub then flush. Add ½-cup vinegar to a gallon of water to clean wood and laminated floors.
- Remove hard water stains – the natural way! Hard to believe that a lemon can be so powerful. Cut a lemon in half and give your faucets and good rub down. Let it sit on there for a few minutes or longer, then rinse with warm water.
- Dryer sheets are good for more than just a fabric softener for your clothes. They are great dust cloths, reduce static clings and are actually good as a bug repellent.
We hope some of these tricks of the trade will help make your household chores a little bit easier. For help with the big chores, let Executive Maids help! We are your best bet in cleaning services in Montgomery County and Philly!
Request your no obligation quote from us today!
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
No one wants to get the flu!
We are heavy into flu season and with the unusual warm weather that Philadelphia is experiencing for the end of the year, along with a drastic change to cold temperature every couple of days, make the risk of getting sick even worse. A simple cold can turn into a nasty infectious virus that can spread throughout your household.
Here are a few tips that the staff of Executive Maids employs…
- Make the time to get a flu vaccine.
- Should you become sick, make certain your doctor prescribes antiviral drugs. They can make illness milder and shorten your sick time.
- Take proactive preventative actions –
~ Avoid contact with sick people
~ If sick, stay home for 24 hours after the fever is gone
~ Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze. A germ mask will help, too.
~ Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs can spread with contact.
~ Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
When you hire Executive Maids, you can rest assured that we will clean and disinfect your home from top to bottom.
Our 3-member team takes a systematic approach towards cleaning your home. We focus on four main area along with specific duties for each area. Germs live in bathrooms and kitchens; everything will be cleaned and disinfected. We provide all of the cleaning products and equipment needed to clean and sanitize your home.
As a matter of fact, you can request a special cleaning project that can be done for an additional charge. If you want to really rid an area of germs, we can strip the bed, vacuum and disinfect the mattress and box-spring and clean under the bed. You provide the clean sheets and pillow cases and we’ll make the bed so it’s fresh for a comfortable slumber. Call prior to your appointment to schedule a special project.
Call us at 215.690.4000 to schedule a cleaning or email us using the form below:
Surprising Ways to Recycle Everyday Items
Avoid the landfill by giving new life to electronics, shoes, eyeglasses and more
Many items that we all use can be turned back into raw materials. We don’t have to consume additional natural resources to create new products. We don’t have to fill the landfills with everything we don’t need or use anymore. [Read more…]