No one wants to get the flu!
We are heavy into flu season and with the unusual warm weather that Philadelphia is experiencing for the end of the year, along with a drastic change to cold temperature every couple of days, make the risk of getting sick even worse. A simple cold can turn into a nasty infectious virus that can spread throughout your household.
Here are a few tips that the staff of Executive Maids employs…
- Make the time to get a flu vaccine.
- Should you become sick, make certain your doctor prescribes antiviral drugs. They can make illness milder and shorten your sick time.
- Take proactive preventative actions –
~ Avoid contact with sick people
~ If sick, stay home for 24 hours after the fever is gone
~ Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze. A germ mask will help, too.
~ Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs can spread with contact.
~ Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
When you hire Executive Maids, you can rest assured that we will clean and disinfect your home from top to bottom.
Our 3-member team takes a systematic approach towards cleaning your home. We focus on four main area along with specific duties for each area. Germs live in bathrooms and kitchens; everything will be cleaned and disinfected. We provide all of the cleaning products and equipment needed to clean and sanitize your home.
As a matter of fact, you can request a special cleaning project that can be done for an additional charge. If you want to really rid an area of germs, we can strip the bed, vacuum and disinfect the mattress and box-spring and clean under the bed. You provide the clean sheets and pillow cases and we’ll make the bed so it’s fresh for a comfortable slumber. Call prior to your appointment to schedule a special project.
Call us at 215.690.4000 to schedule a cleaning or email us using the form below:
I love re-purposing! It is not only practical, but fun and creative as well. Today’s Quick Tips will help you keep your kitchen clean and keep your closets organized. I hope these tips are helpful to you.
Smart cleaning starts before you pick up a scrub brush. Keep your shower walls and floor looking shinier longer by stocking the bath with glycerin- or vegetable oil-based soaps. These soaps rinse cleaner than traditional tallow-based soaps, which can leave white, gummy soap scum crusted on your shower walls. Tried and true classics include Pears, Neutrogena, or Dr. Bonner’s.
Everyone always wants their house to look immaculate, but very few have enough time to tidy up as often as they should. Those who get caught up in the notion that they need to dedicate an extended amount of time cleaning often never get around to the task until their house requires hours of work. As we spend our days making clients homes shine, let’s take a look at some daily tips that you can start applying in your routine to leave your home looking cleaner and less cluttered.
Bedroom: Since you begin and end every day here, you should want it to be a soothing atmosphere. Nothing creates the feeling of discord quite like an unmade bed and clothes scattered across the floor. To create harmony in the room and set a tone for the day, make the bed when you get out of it. Immediately, the room will appear cleaner. At the end of the day, place your dirty clothes in the hamper and if you did laundry that day, put away the clean clothes.
Bathroom: Something as simple as folding your towels will go a long way in making the bathroom cleaner and less cluttered between visits from our Philadelphia cleaning service. It will not only make the space look nicer, but it also helps the towels dry faster and prevent mildew from growing. You can also keep a bottle of disinfectant under the sink to quickly clean in and around the toilet.
Kitchen: We recommend viewing your dishwasher as a storage area for dirty dishes. Thinking of the appliance with this mindset, you will be more likely to put items in there instead of placing them in the sink where they will sit for hours. Spray the countertops and kitchen table after each meal to ensure you’re clearing away as much bacteria as possible.
Mail: Another way to make your house seem tidier is by effectively managing your mail. To organize the influx of letters and bills, consider purchasing a decorative indoor mailbox to provide an aesthetically pleasing way to sort mail. If you want to eliminate the need to manage paper mail altogether, you can see if you have option to be emailed the billing information.
With these tips, you can fight the buildup of clutter and clean your home without dedicating hours of time to the task. With the application of these simple efforts in your Burlington, NJ house and our maid services, your home will maintain its pristine condition no matter what your week has to throw at it.
While you may think that you get the same results in your cleaning as a maid service in Philadelphia, there is a good chance that you are making costly mistakes. Some may cause a minor inconvenience, while others can lead to expensive repairs. Other oversights may result in you spending hours cleaning without getting the desired results. To put an end to these bad habits and help create a cleaner house, our experts have offered advice on how to avoid common cleaning mistakes.
- Sponges: Do not think a rinsed sponge is a clean sponge. It is their job to soak up everything, including bacteria. While they may look clean after you rinse them, the bacteria is just waiting to be spread across something else. Every one or two weeks, you should wash the sponge in the dishwasher or place the dampened sponge in the microwave for two minutes to properly clean it.
- Dishwasher: It is important that you alternate how the silverware is placed in the dishwasher. You should not have them all facing the same direction as it will prevent the water from washing the entire surface. Instead, you should have them alternating from front to back or top to bottom to get the best results.
- Sprays: You should avoid spraying chemicals directly on a surface. It will likely leave residue behind that will allow for the quick buildup of dirt. Directly spraying the same area on a consistent basis can result in a permanent mark being left behind or cause the material to deteriorate. Instead, we recommend applying the solution to a cloth and then wiping the area you are cleaning.
- Gloves: Many think that since they are just doing a quick cleaning that they do not need gloves. However, our skin is very porous and can instantly absorb any chemical that it touches, leading to dried out skin. To protect your hands, purchase a pair of gloves that are lined with cotton to provide protection and comfort.
- Stains: While it may seem like you were able to scrub a stain out of your carpet, it can still return. Instead of spending hours scrubbing, you can blot the spill, pour club soda on it, and then blot it again. Doing so will lift the deeper layers of stain from the afflicted area.
- Windows: While you may want to wash windows during the daylight to get a better view of the dirt, the sunlight will quickly dry out the cleaner and leave streaks. To avoid streaking, we recommend cleaning the glass in the late afternoon or night.
By following the advice from our expert cleaners, you can put these mistakes behind you and begin working towards a cleaner and healthier house. If you would rather leave the hard work to the professionals, sign up to have your home in Montgomery County, PA cleaned by our maid service.