Everyone always wants their house to look immaculate, but very few have enough time to tidy up as often as they should. Those who get caught up in the notion that they need to dedicate an extended amount of time cleaning often never get around to the task until their house requires hours of work. As we spend our days making clients homes shine, let’s take a look at some daily tips that you can start applying in your routine to leave your home looking cleaner and less cluttered.
Bedroom: Since you begin and end every day here, you should want it to be a soothing atmosphere. Nothing creates the feeling of discord quite like an unmade bed and clothes scattered across the floor. To create harmony in the room and set a tone for the day, make the bed when you get out of it. Immediately, the room will appear cleaner. At the end of the day, place your dirty clothes in the hamper and if you did laundry that day, put away the clean clothes.
Bathroom: Something as simple as folding your towels will go a long way in making the bathroom cleaner and less cluttered between visits from our Philadelphia cleaning service. It will not only make the space look nicer, but it also helps the towels dry faster and prevent mildew from growing. You can also keep a bottle of disinfectant under the sink to quickly clean in and around the toilet.
Kitchen: We recommend viewing your dishwasher as a storage area for dirty dishes. Thinking of the appliance with this mindset, you will be more likely to put items in there instead of placing them in the sink where they will sit for hours. Spray the countertops and kitchen table after each meal to ensure you’re clearing away as much bacteria as possible.
Mail: Another way to make your house seem tidier is by effectively managing your mail. To organize the influx of letters and bills, consider purchasing a decorative indoor mailbox to provide an aesthetically pleasing way to sort mail. If you want to eliminate the need to manage paper mail altogether, you can see if you have option to be emailed the billing information.
With these tips, you can fight the buildup of clutter and clean your home without dedicating hours of time to the task. With the application of these simple efforts in your Burlington, NJ house and our maid services, your home will maintain its pristine condition no matter what your week has to throw at it.
While you may think that you get the same results in your cleaning as a maid service in Philadelphia, there is a good chance that you are making costly mistakes. Some may cause a minor inconvenience, while others can lead to expensive repairs. Other oversights may result in you spending hours cleaning without getting the desired results. To put an end to these bad habits and help create a cleaner house, our experts have offered advice on how to avoid common cleaning mistakes.
- Sponges: Do not think a rinsed sponge is a clean sponge. It is their job to soak up everything, including bacteria. While they may look clean after you rinse them, the bacteria is just waiting to be spread across something else. Every one or two weeks, you should wash the sponge in the dishwasher or place the dampened sponge in the microwave for two minutes to properly clean it.
- Dishwasher: It is important that you alternate how the silverware is placed in the dishwasher. You should not have them all facing the same direction as it will prevent the water from washing the entire surface. Instead, you should have them alternating from front to back or top to bottom to get the best results.
- Sprays: You should avoid spraying chemicals directly on a surface. It will likely leave residue behind that will allow for the quick buildup of dirt. Directly spraying the same area on a consistent basis can result in a permanent mark being left behind or cause the material to deteriorate. Instead, we recommend applying the solution to a cloth and then wiping the area you are cleaning.
- Gloves: Many think that since they are just doing a quick cleaning that they do not need gloves. However, our skin is very porous and can instantly absorb any chemical that it touches, leading to dried out skin. To protect your hands, purchase a pair of gloves that are lined with cotton to provide protection and comfort.
- Stains: While it may seem like you were able to scrub a stain out of your carpet, it can still return. Instead of spending hours scrubbing, you can blot the spill, pour club soda on it, and then blot it again. Doing so will lift the deeper layers of stain from the afflicted area.
- Windows: While you may want to wash windows during the daylight to get a better view of the dirt, the sunlight will quickly dry out the cleaner and leave streaks. To avoid streaking, we recommend cleaning the glass in the late afternoon or night.
By following the advice from our expert cleaners, you can put these mistakes behind you and begin working towards a cleaner and healthier house. If you would rather leave the hard work to the professionals, sign up to have your home in Montgomery County, PA cleaned by our maid service.
Now that Thanksgiving has passed, homeowners are starting to prepare their home for the upcoming winter. One of the areas they will be focusing on is cleaning the entire house to get the area ready for any holiday parties. While some will hire a maid service in Philadelphia to do the cleaning, others want to take on the arduous task themselves. If you choose to take on the chore of cleaning your house this winter, here are a few tips from our cleaners to help get your house looking its best.
Dusting: One of the most notable signs your house needs a good cleaning, is the accumulation of dust. It is more likely to accumulate during the winter months thanks to the warm, dry air. Dusting all of your home’s surfaces should be the first thing you clean. You should work from top to bottom, so the falling dust does not cover areas that you have already wiped down. Removing the debris from your home will not only make your home look cleaner, but it will also improve the overall air quality in each room.
Windows: If you have a fireplace or you frequently light candles, you should regularly clean your windows. While it may not be noticeable from a distance, the windows are likely covered with a thin layer of soot.
Carpets/Hardwood: Once there is a mention of snow or ice, towns will be pouring pounds of salt, which will end up being dragged into your house. The salt is highly corrosive and can eat away at the finish on wood floors, as well as stain the carpets. To prevent any potential damage, you should steam clean your carpets and scrub the floors when you notice salt beginning to build up.
Using these tips, your house will maintain its unblemished appearance during the harsh winter months. Montgomery County, PA residents in need of maid service can hand these duties over to our cleaners at Executive Maids. If you find that you cannot keep up with the cleaning your house requires, visit our website today to learn about our services.
Spring Cleaning Promotion
15% off your Full-Service Spring Cleaning*
Five foolproof ways to keep dust from accumulating in your home. [Read more…]